View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0000647SUMoBugpublic2008-08-04 08:05
ReporterZer0 VoltageAssigned ToKyle_Katarn 
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
Status resolvedResolutionfixed 
Product Version2.2 
Target VersionFixed in Version2.2.1 
Summary0000647: Incorrect [Local] Product Versions Being Determined by SUMo 2.2.0.52
DescriptionNumerous [local] product versions are being determined incorrectly by SUMo 2.2.0.52 (though 2.1.0.51 was OK).

For example:

- ActiveXHelper 1.12.0 is seen as 1.1.2.
- AdapterWatch 1.04 is seen as 1.4.0.
- Eraser 5.86.1 is seen as 5.8.6.0.
- REAPER 2.44 is seen as 2.4.4.
- and many more...

It doesn't happen to all products, but I can't figure out why it only happens to some and not others. I'd actually be curious to know what the pattern was after this is fixed.

Seems to be a similar decimal placement error like we saw back with 1.8.x (as discussed in various forum threads then). This time, however, more products have been affected.
Additional InformationFYI, this is the same issue I sent an e-mail about earlier. I just added it here for proper tracking and reference.

If the fix isn't going to be quick, perhaps consider pulling this release and putting 2.1 back up for now - just so we don't end up with a large amount of bad data on the server. ;)

Thanks!
TagsNo tags attached.

Activities

Zer0 Voltage

2008-08-03 21:35

reporter   ~0000395

The major problem is fixed in v2.2.1.53, but there are still a small number of programs being seen incorrectly. From my list:

- ProcessActivityView 1.05 is still incorrectly seen as 1.0.5.
- ShellMenuView 1.05 is still incorrectly seen as 1.0.5.

Same details sent in previous e-mail response, but reopened here again for reference and tracking - and to avoid potential duplicate reports just in case anyone else notices. ;)

Thanks!

Kyle_Katarn

2008-08-04 08:05

administrator   ~0000397

This is due to the way Nirsoft tags its product.

I can't fix that without having side effects of products like Notepad++

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2008-08-03 07:08 Zer0 Voltage New Issue
2008-08-03 12:28 Kyle_Katarn Assigned To => Kyle_Katarn
2008-08-03 12:28 Kyle_Katarn Status new => acknowledged
2008-08-03 12:35 Kyle_Katarn Status acknowledged => resolved
2008-08-03 12:35 Kyle_Katarn Fixed in Version => 2.8.1
2008-08-03 12:35 Kyle_Katarn Resolution open => fixed
2008-08-03 21:35 Zer0 Voltage Note Added: 0000395
2008-08-03 21:35 Zer0 Voltage Status resolved => feedback
2008-08-03 21:35 Zer0 Voltage Resolution fixed => reopened
2008-08-04 08:05 Kyle_Katarn Note Added: 0000397
2008-08-04 08:05 Kyle_Katarn Status feedback => resolved
2008-08-04 08:05 Kyle_Katarn Resolution reopened => fixed