Beta Versions / Undue notifications

peteyt

Re: Beta Versions / Undue notifications

Post by peteyt » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:36 pm

FileZilla 3.20.0 RC1 is out. Sumo doesn't find an update on the software side of things when using the latest stable version FileZilla 3.19.0 with Beta updates turned on. When clicking on Filezilla in Sumo however it opens up the webpage and states 3.20.0.0 is the latest.

I have double checked my ignore and skip lists and FileZilla isn't included.

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:38 pm

peteyt wrote:FileZilla 3.20.0 RC1 is out. Sumo doesn't find an update on the software side of things when using the latest stable version FileZilla 3.19.0 with Beta updates turned on. When clicking on Filezilla in Sumo however it opens up the webpage and states 3.20.0.0 is the latest.

I have double checked my ignore and skip lists and FileZilla isn't included.
fixed!

peteyt

Post by peteyt » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:42 pm

5.40.0.0 is the latest stable version of WinRAR but because of how WinRAR names its files the previous beta version is 5.40.4.0 which is an older version

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:00 am

peteyt wrote:5.40.0.0 is the latest stable version of WinRAR but because of how WinRAR names its files the previous beta version is 5.40.4.0 which is an older version
fixed

GLykos

Post by GLykos » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:42 am

Upon update of SUMo to the latest version just now, Internet Download Manager is now showing Update rev 6.26.5.0 with 19 users, User rev 6.26.3.0. The authoring ToneC IDM website is offering 6.26.3.0 for download, as is CNET website Download.com and also MajorGeeks.com. I find no mention anywhere of beta versions of IDM being available. Don't know where 19 SUMo users reporting running IDM 6.26.5.0 got it from, but there doesn't appear to be a legitimate such version published and this appears to be irregular. This is the first time I've experienced this with SUMo.

On a separate note while here, VbsEdit keeps popping up regularly in SUMo with (for example) User rev 7.4.2.53 (consistent with the author's website) and an Update shown as 7.4211 (an earlier version but with one or more version decimal separators missing and apparently interpreted as a higher rev in automated processing). The false Update report gets dropped after a while but keeps resurfacing later with other pairs of numbers having the same issue. HtaEdit is a companion program - it and VbsEdit are updated and released together with the same updated revision number, and it experiences the same problem in parallel when it occurs.

FYI. Thanks for your efforts!

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:58 am

GLykos wrote:Upon update of SUMo to the latest version just now, Internet Download Manager is now showing Update rev 6.26.5.0 with 19 users, User rev 6.26.3.0. The authoring ToneC IDM website is offering 6.26.3.0 for download, as is CNET website Download.com and also MajorGeeks.com. I find no mention anywhere of beta versions of IDM being available. Don't know where 19 SUMo users reporting running IDM 6.26.5.0 got it from, but there doesn't appear to be a legitimate such version published and this appears to be irregular. This is the first time I've experienced this with SUMo.

On a separate note while here, VbsEdit keeps popping up regularly in SUMo with (for example) User rev 7.4.2.53 (consistent with the author's website) and an Update shown as 7.4211 (an earlier version but with one or more version decimal separators missing and apparently interpreted as a higher rev in automated processing). The false Update report gets dropped after a while but keeps resurfacing later with other pairs of numbers having the same issue. HtaEdit is a companion program - it and VbsEdit are updated and released together with the same updated revision number, and it experiences the same problem in parallel when it occurs.

FYI. Thanks for your efforts!
Thank you for your feedback.
Please recheck now, it should be OK

GLykos

Post by GLykos » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:55 pm

Thanks for having looked at these. Peculiarities persist as indicated by running SUMo this morning following seeing your response.

Re: Internet Download Manager
The authoring website InternetDownloadManager.com released update 6.26.7 since last night, jumping directly there from 6.26.3. 6.26.5, now reported by SUMo with 71 Current users, appears to never have been released to the public. Sure seems strange.

Re: VbsEdit
Per authoring website VbsEdit.com, latest release continues to be 7.4253 (as described there). SUMo show my User version of VbsEdit and HtaEdit as 7.4.2.53, as does file property "File version" viewed through Windows Explorer (Win 7). However, SUMo right now shows HtaEdit (AKA .hta files editor) available Update as 7.373.0.0 and VbsEdit available Update as 7.4244.0.0, both of which are incorrect.

Update:
I then updated my IDM to author's current 6.26.7 and re-ran SUMo. Now, my IDM and the highest reported revision in SUMo (with one user - me) are both 6.26.7, and there are now 73 users reporting seemingly bogus lower revision 6.26.5 as Current. There is also a beta version 7.0.0.0 being reported for one user - beta releases don't exist that I can find, and that revision is not consistent with ToneC numbering. VbsEdit and HtaEdit now both show my User version 7.4.2.53 as OK, so now that's good. IDT and VbsEdit sets of numbers moved since last night, first earlier today (maybe an hour ago - seems I fumble a lot in gathering data to share) and then now.

Regards.

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:54 am

GLykos wrote:Thanks for having looked at these. Peculiarities persist as indicated by running SUMo this morning following seeing your response.

Re: Internet Download Manager
The authoring website InternetDownloadManager.com released update 6.26.7 since last night, jumping directly there from 6.26.3. 6.26.5, now reported by SUMo with 71 Current users, appears to never have been released to the public. Sure seems strange.

Re: VbsEdit
Per authoring website VbsEdit.com, latest release continues to be 7.4253 (as described there). SUMo show my User version of VbsEdit and HtaEdit as 7.4.2.53, as does file property "File version" viewed through Windows Explorer (Win 7). However, SUMo right now shows HtaEdit (AKA .hta files editor) available Update as 7.373.0.0 and VbsEdit available Update as 7.4244.0.0, both of which are incorrect.

Update:
I then updated my IDM to author's current 6.26.7 and re-ran SUMo. Now, my IDM and the highest reported revision in SUMo (with one user - me) are both 6.26.7, and there are now 73 users reporting seemingly bogus lower revision 6.26.5 as Current. There is also a beta version 7.0.0.0 being reported for one user - beta releases don't exist that I can find, and that revision is not consistent with ToneC numbering. VbsEdit and HtaEdit now both show my User version 7.4.2.53 as OK, so now that's good. IDT and VbsEdit sets of numbers moved since last night, first earlier today (maybe an hour ago - seems I fumble a lot in gathering data to share) and then now.

Regards.
IDM : my understanding is that SUMo is now OK on this one. Should it be wrong, please let me know
VbsEdit : Fixed

promark

Post by promark » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:34 pm

The latest version of Unreal Commander is 2.02.1111
SUMo is reporting version 3.5.7.1157 as the current version.

The filename is Uncom.exe and the 2.02 (build 1111) is verified as the latest version at the developer's web site:
https://x-diesel.com/?index

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:42 pm

promark wrote:The latest version of Unreal Commander is 2.02.1111
SUMo is reporting version 3.5.7.1157 as the current version.

The filename is Uncom.exe and the 2.02 (build 1111) is verified as the latest version at the developer's web site:
https://x-diesel.com/?index
Sorry too few users for this one. Please use right click > skip > 1 month