Scheduled scans

MasterDav

Scheduled scans

Post by MasterDav » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:33 am

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to make SUMo scan my computer every day at 00:00 for new installed softwares and according eventual updates.
Utilities such as PSI or Software Informer can do this but they both aren't accurate enough compared to SUMo (and Software Informer acts just as a spam with all its google bombing software subsites, can't support this).

AFAIK there's no native scheduling in SUMo atm. Well, ok I'll prey KC Softwares devs to implement it asap :mrgreen:
Searching for a way to bypass this, I tried to use Windows scheduled tasks with no great success: have to pskill SUMo, then start it again but it comes on foreground whatever is running, popping export and confirmation windows everywhere.
To be honest, it's a real pain, especially if you're watching a movie or playing.

Could you please tell me:
- will you add a scheduling tool inside SUMo ? If yes, when approximatively ?
- how can I schedule a silent scan with SUMo ? Just making it popping a notification if there's an update

Thanks !

PS: I've searched this forum and google for answers, all I found was how to create a scheduled task with windows (what I do already know).

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Re: Scheduled scans

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Fri May 03, 2013 9:00 pm

hi !

Thank you !
We already have this in our to do list : http://www.kcsoftwares.com/bugs/view.php?id=346

Would this fit with your needs ?

MasterDav

Post by MasterDav » Fri May 03, 2013 9:26 pm

Hi Kyle and thanks for your fast answer,

It's actually what I was talking about, but the "silent" part is also important.
For now I do regular checks using a windows scheduled task set as:
- trigger = every day at 00:00
- condition = only if computer is idle for 1 hour
- action 1 = pskill sumo.exe
- action 2 = "C:\Program Files (x86)\KC Softwares\SUMo\SUMo.exe"
I tried with [start /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\KC Softwares\SUMo\" /MIN sumo.exe] instead but popups still open in foregroud.
Trick is to hide those annoying popups, especially the "loading end" that list all unloaded microsoft apps and awaits confirmation.
In fact, until you confirm this popup, SUMo doesn't verify softwares updates and stays unfinished.

My wish is an integrated silent scheduled scan with just a notification telling when softwares aren't up to date.
Anyway thanks for your great job ;)

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Fri May 17, 2013 9:00 pm

You're welcome !

I'll try to have this implemented asap !

BillH

Post by BillH » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:40 am

Kyle,

I notice the original request to add scheduling is now about 10 years old. Is this even on the radar anymore?

The request to have no pop-ups is now 4 years old.

Is there a way to use Windows Scheduler to actually schedule scans/checks so that they can run without user intervention?

Are there command line parameters that can be specified when executing SUMo so that it will do scans/checks?

Thanks,
Bill

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:49 pm

That's the consequence of being a sole developer making KC Softwares run with limited time / ressources.
I'll do my best to have this implemented.

BillH

Post by BillH » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:36 pm

Kyle,

I understand your situation. So I was looking for alternatives.

Is there a way to use Windows Scheduler to actually schedule scans/checks so that they can run without user intervention?

Are there command line parameters that can be specified when executing SUMo so that it will do scans/checks?

Thanks,
Bill

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:11 pm

Not yet but you're right, this could be a way to get the feature available quicker

BillH

Post by BillH » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:55 am

OK, thanks Kyle.

Bill