WindowBlinds incompatibility?

DrStrange

WindowBlinds incompatibility?

Post by DrStrange »

Hi,

I use WindowBlinds, a skinning program for the Windows GUI, along with SUMo on two PCs. Each PC has a different WindowBlinds theme installed. On one PC, SUMo starts up normally. On the other PC, SUMo halts, leaving a window called Flash open - see the enclosed screenshot.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (123.15 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
I looked at SUMo's logfile on both PCs. The Flash folder it stops at is C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash. In the logfile on each PC, SUMo notes that this Flash folder does not exist, which is correct - I do not have this folder in either PC.
If I create this folder on the misbehaving PC, leaving it empty, then SUMo starts normally. Alternatively, if I stop WindowBlinds from running, SUMo also starts normally.
The WindowBlinds theme installed on the misbehaving PC is called BetterAero7X from deviantart.com
The WindowBlinds theme installed on the PC where Sumo starts up normally is called Vista Plus from adni18.com.

Can you tell me is this more likely to be a bug in WindowBlinds rather than SUMo?
Should I just leave an empty folder at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash so SUMo starts normally?

Thank you.
Last edited by DrStrange on Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Re: WindowBlinds incompatibility?

Post by Kyle_Katarn »

Please contact our tech support and provide log file in "debug mode" in both case : with and without this folder.
We'll investigate asap... thanks for reporting !
DrStrange

Post by DrStrange »

Hi,
Here are the log files, one with the Flash Folder and one with no Flash Folder. I only created a Flash folder at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash. I can create one at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash if you need me to.
I forgot to mention, when this Flash window appears, I can close it by clicking on its window close caption button, then SUMo continues to start up normally. If I click on the stop button, nothing happens - the window remains open and SUMo does not start.
I also tried getting SUMo to exclude this Flash folder from scanning, but when I tried to add it to the excluded folders, the folder was not present in the "browse for folder" window, even though I had already created it.

I contacted the developer of the BetterAero7X skin and he says that SUMo starts without error on his PC.
Attachments
LogFiles.zip
(8.83 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Last edited by DrStrange on Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn »

Thanks but... in both case I see that SUMo goes automatically throught the loading process... Am I missing something ?
DrStrange

Post by DrStrange »

Sorry,
logfiles were when I clicked on the close caption button in the Flash popup window to allow SUMo to continue startup.

Here are new logfiles where I didn't click close and where the logfile SUMo_no_Flash_Folder ends with SUMo saying it can't find the flash folder.
I tested all the built-in skins that come with WindowBlinds - four called Acrylic 7, Diamond, Ice and Precision cause this Flash popup, the rest do not.

Could you take a look at:

https://www.deviantart.com/fytuf/art/Be ... -875022700

where I (posting under the name isvik) explained this to the developer of the BetterAero7X skin and where he/she believes that it is a fault with WindowBlinds. I have reported this on the Stardock forum - https://forums.stardock.com/480750/page/13/#3804763.

Thanks
Attachments
Flash_Error.zip
(7.36 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Last edited by DrStrange on Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn »

Weird. There's an obvious 'stall' (eg : exception raised) by I can't see why. I'll try to add some instrumentation to know more.