Documentation?

Orko

Documentation?

Post by Orko » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:12 pm

Will there ever be some kind of documentation for this program? I am a blind pro version user and there are quite a few buttons in this program that don't provide any real clue as to what they do. I am not one of those bulls in a china shop such that I am going to simply start pushing buttons as a way of figuring out what they do. I'd much rather have some kind of documentation that I could read to learn what various things do as well as how to do other things that may not be obvious to a blind user using a screen reader.

As a software developer myself, I know that writing documentation isn't fun, but I feel that not providing program documentation shows a lack of consideration by developers towards their customers. Not to mention that it is an extremely inefficient way to support your products. How many times have you had to answer the same basic questions over and over again simply because there is no documentation? How many times have you inconvenienced a customer by making them wait for you to answer those basic questions instead of being able to find the answers they need in included documentation? How many sales have you lost because of the lack of any attempt to provide documentation? I know that I would never have purchased any of your software had I known that there was absolutely no documentation provided.

I know that I could ask questions here but I find I have a lot of them, and phpBB isn't very blind friendly.

Here are some typical questions:

1. What is the purpose of the "Minor" button and the "OK" button that follows it?
2. What is the purpose of the "Major" button and the "OK" button that follows it?
3. What is the difference between the "Ignore" and the "Remove" buttons? (They seem to have the same results)
4. How do I mark an update as a beta so it won't be shown to me anymore?

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Re: Documentation?

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:03 pm

Thanks for your feedback. We have room for improvement on the documentation side and this forum is a good place to find answers.

1 & 2 : Minor / Major / OK buttons are used to automatically sort the list after a "check"
3 : Delete : removes an item, which will come back again on next scan. Ignore is a "hard" delete, and item will no longer be found by future scans.
4 : You can't mark it as beta on server (only KC Softwares + a few power users) but you can "hide" a beta with right click > Skip > 1 day / week / month

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Re: Documentation?

Post by Kyle_Katarn » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:22 pm

For information, we're working on documentation and accessibility criteria compliance. Discussed here : https://www.kcsoftwares.com/forum/viewt ... =11&t=3488