request to add Vivaldi browser

proznik

request to add Vivaldi browser

Post by proznik »

I have added each folder for scanning that contains Vivaldi executables, added files in those folders that show version numbers in the details and properties, but so far no detection by Sumo. Am I doing something wrong or missing a step or two? Thanks in advance
vivaldi version flyout.jpg
vivaldi version flyout.jpg (89.71 KiB) Viewed 11008 times
Attachments
vivaldi properties.jpg
vivaldi properties.jpg (163.71 KiB) Viewed 11008 times

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Re: request to add Vivaldi browser

Post by Kyle_Katarn »

Does drag'n'drop of this exe file adds it to SUMo ?

proznik

Post by proznik »

tried dragging & dropping exe and manifest of the file to every spot on sumo window. got no response. I am not sure where or how drag and drop works in sumo, is there a help page for that? when i try the add file dialog i can select the exe but it is not incorporated into the file list for checking.

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn »

proznik wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:31 pm
tried dragging & dropping exe and manifest of the file to every spot on sumo window. got no response. I am not sure where or how drag and drop works in sumo, is there a help page for that? when i try the add file dialog i can select the exe but it is not incorporated into the file list for checking.
What about using File>Add menu ?

proznik

Post by proznik »

file add brings up the file selection dialog and lets me select vivaldi.exe, but it is never added to the scan menu or any checks made on it.

Am I to understand Vivaldi is not discoverable, even though it is a chrome derivative like Chrome and Opera, and both of those are easily discoverable?

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn »

This may come from Vivaldi not having shortcut on your desktop or start menu.... is it the case ?

proznik

Post by proznik »

no, sorry. desktop shortcut, a start menu shortcut, and/or a taskbar shortcut had no effect on vivaldi being scanned or added to the Sumo list of monitored apps. It allows you to see the folder or file when you try to File Add or scan folder, but it will not add it to the add list of apps

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn »

Please contact me (support [@] kcsoftwares.com) for deeper investigation & logs analysis.

proznik

Post by proznik »

close this request please, as of Sumo 5.57 vivaldi is now scanned, discovered, and checked. Thank you

Kyle_Katarn
Site Admin

Post by Kyle_Katarn »

proznik wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:44 pm
close this request please, as of Sumo 5.57 vivaldi is now scanned, discovered, and checked. Thank you
Perfect !